I can't remember where I heard about the idea for StreetWars, but I think sounds like a fun idea. It was invented (I guess that's the right word for it) by an organization of the same name, that sets up and runs games in big cities all over the world, and thousands of people get in on it every time. Each person is assigned a "target," who they have to hunt down and "kill" with a squirt gun. When you kill someone, they give you the information on their target, who then becomes your new target. This continues until everyone except one is dead.
I decided to run an experimental group game involving several of my friends. I figure in a way it's an exercise in marketing, which is one of the subjects I'm focusing on in my MBA. I had to decide on the Product (the game itself), the Place, the Promotion (mostly word of mouth and Facebook), and the Price (participants have to buy their own squirt gun, at the dollar story or whatever, so as not to end up too expensive).
If this little experiment leads to any interesting results or insights I will be sure to publish them. In the meantime, the game is afoot!
My fraternity in undergrad actually did this every semester. It was great fun. We always did it by sign-up sheet and then once they were signed up there was no turning back. At that point, you either participated or risked being attacked. I suppose that's an incentive.
ReplyDeleteI should point out that the squirt gun was optional. Water balloon, bucket of water, etc. were all viable options. Everyone got their email assignments and then it was on.